YOU can make a difference!
76 cents of every dollar raised by The Center for Family Justice is dedicated to helping victims become survivors and educating our communities about how to build healthy relationships, stop bullying and end dating violence.
Where the funds go:
- $2,500: Provides victims and families a month of safe and supportive shelter at The Center’s domestic violence safe home, Kathie’s Place.
- $1,000: Gives sexually abused and/or severely physically abused children and teens – and their families – support through the legal process and the tools they need to heal from trauma.
- $500: Turns a victim into a survivor through crisis intervention, safety planning and counseling.
- $250: Helps a rape victim through the medical and legal process, at the hospital and/or police station.
- $100: Empowers a victim with the tools needed to navigate the legal system.
- $50: Educates a child on ways to build healthy relationships, recognize and address violence, prevent teen dating violence, and stop bullying.
How YOU can make a difference!
- Annual Campaign
Our annual campaign runs each year from July 1, 2015 through June 30, 2016. Every dollar raised during the campaign is classified as unrestricted, funds we use to keep The Center for Family Justice operating.
The goal of the 2015-2016 campaign, titled Hands Are Not For Hitting, is $500,000. Donate Now!
- Recurring donations
Instead of writing one lump-sum check, many donors prefer to set up a recurring gift each quarter or month, for $5, $10, $25, $100 – or any amount they can afford. For more information, visit Ways to Help.
- Rally Events
Many supporters have given us a big financial boost by sponsoring their own events, staging everything from a dog walking party or tennis party to a cocktail party for 80 or a fancy sit-down dinner. For more information, visit Ways to Help.
- Wish lists
For a list of items we need, visit Ways to Help.
- Legacy gifts
The Legacy Circle is an initiative for those determined to keep their values alive – forever – and who dream of a safe and peaceful society for future generations. For more information, visit Legacy Gifts.
See our event list or view our event calendar.
- Our Hotlines
Hotlines are for emergencies but our hotline staff is also here to help family, friends, neighbors or co-workers by answering questions and providing information on all sorts of issues, including domestic and sexual abuse and violence, child abuse, bullying, jealousy, financial domination and teen dating issues/violence.
- How men can get involved
90% of abusers are men BUT not all men are abusers. To end domestic and sexual violence against women and children, men need to be part of the solution.
- Volunteer or intern
Volunteer and intern opportunities are available!
Hope Starts Here!
Let The Center for Family Justice become your lifeline.
Please call us today at 203-334-6154
Or 24/7 on a hotline:
Domestic violence: 203-384-9559
Sexual assault: 203-333-2233
Vedas (Spanish): 888-568-8332
Serving victims and raising awareness about domestic and sexual violence in Bridgeport, Easton, Fairfield, Monroe, Stratford and Trumbull in Fairfield County