The staff at The Center for Family Justice provides crisis intervention, risk and danger assessments, individual safety plans, and individual and group counseling for those in present or past abusive relationships.
Our counselors understand your needs and the circumstances involved in intimate partner violence. Our goals are to make you and your family safe, to help you rebuild your life, to build your self-esteem and empower you with the self-sufficiency skills you need to live a life free of abuse.
Domestic violence does not discriminate. It touches everyone, regardless of age, gender, race, culture, religion, socio-economic class or education.
Learn more about domestic violence, including the warning signs.
Where to get help
We provide services for residents of Bridgeport, Easton, Fairfield, Monroe, Stratford and Trumbull. You may access services at any of our locations regardless of your home town:
- At our main office, 753 Fairfield Ave., Bridgeport
- At our Fairfield satellite office, Fairfield Senior Center, 100 Mona Terrace
- At our Monroe satellite office, Town Hall, 7 Fan Hill Road, Room 213
- At our Trumbull satellite office, 121 Old Mine Road
- At our Stratford satellite office, Town of Stratford Community Services, Birdseye Municipal Complex, 468 Birdseye St.
What we provide
We provide help, assistance, guidance and support to help victims become survivors.
- We staff a domestic violence hotline 24/7: 203-384-9559.
- We are the only domestic abuse crisis intervention provider in Bridgeport, Easton, Fairfield, Monroe, Stratford and Trumbull.
- Our language line to assist victims in more than 40 languages.
- We offer individual counseling for adult, youth and child victims.
- We offer individualized safety planning for adults and children to meet their immediate needs whether living in the abusive home or separate from the abuser.
- We have support groups for victims/survivors of all forms of domestic violence and sexual abuse.
- We offer support to parents to build parenting skills and lessen parental stress.
- Kids Share offers counseling and play groups for children while parents attend a support group.
- We offer care for children while parent is in a counseling session.
- Court advocacy assists with civil restraining orders and family court issues, protective orders when there has been an arrest, and guidance though the court systems.
- Safe emergency shelter.
Hope Starts Here!
Let The Center for Family Justice become your lifeline.
Please call us today at 203-334-6154
Or 24/7 on a hotline:
Domestic violence: 203-384-9559
Sexual assault: 203-333-2233
Vedas (Spanish): 888-568-8332
Serving victims and raising awareness about domestic and sexual violence in Bridgeport, Easton, Fairfield, Monroe, Stratford and Trumbull in Fairfield County