There are many meaningful ways to support The Center for Family Justice.
Instead of writing one lump-sum check, many donors prefer to set up a recurring gift each month for $5, $10, $25, $100 – or any amount they can afford.
Donate Now to set up your recurring monthly donation. At any time in the future, you can edit your donation.
For more information about donations, contact Marissa Donnelly at email@example.com or call 203-334-6154, ext. 119.
Many supporters have given us a big financial boost by sponsoring their own events, staging everything from a dog walking party or fitness party to a cocktail party for 80 or a fancy sit-down dinner. Many local stores have done shopping events on our behalf, contributing a portion of the day’s sales to our mission.
The idea is to do some entertaining you might have done anyway, such as a pool party, a movie party or an evening of bridge, and ask your friends to write a check to CFJ. Our dog-loving supporter invited her friends to take a group walk with the pooches one morning, and then served everyone breakfast at her house. One man hosted a poker and cigar party for his friends.
Some hosts have a staff member from CFJ attend to talk about the work we do.
For more information about third-party events, contact Lauren Cicchetti at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 203-993-8135.
Friends Asking Friends
Want to host a third-party event without holding an event? Then Friends Asking Friends is for you. Click the link to set a goal and then send an email to your friends asking for help to reach your goal. You can raise money without leaving your house. How easy is that!
A great way to help our clients meet their most immediate needs is to organize a fundraising drive to collect and donate some of our wish list items. Our Covid-19 protocols require that donation drop-offs be scheduled in advance and delivered weekdays between 9:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Please call our Crisis Intervention Receptionist Karen Martin at 203-334-6154 to schedule a drop-off.
Please note: We cannot accept used clothing or household items. We require these items be in their original packaging or have tags still attached.
For questions about our wish list or donation drives, please email Julie Banks at JBanks@centerforfamilyjustice.org.
- Gift cards: Walmart, Target, Stop & Shop, Walgreens and CVS. We prefer cards in denominations of $25 or less to these stores as they are most convenient for our clients and are places where they can stretch their shopping dollars.
- Safe home: New single-bed sheets and blankets, towels, pillows, writing journals, pens, pencils, crayons, markers, activity and coloring books (for any age,).
- Personal care (regular or super-size): Soap, body wash, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrushes, combs, hair brushes, hand cream, body cream, face cream, tampons, sanitary napkins, hand soap, facial tissues, lip balm. Men’s shampoo, body wash, deodorant and razors. Children’s shampoo and body wash.
- Household goods: Cleaning supplies and batteries.
- Non-perishable foods: Coffee, tea, cocoa, hot and cold cereal, soups, rice and rice mixes, beans, pasta, pasta sauce, instant potatoes, Hamburger Helper, boxed macaroni and cheese, pancake mix and syrup, boxed milk & juice, canned tuna, chicken and meals (ravioli, chili etc.,); individually wrapped snacks including popcorn, granola bars, nuts, crackers, applesauce and fruit cups, peanut butter and jelly, canned fruits and vegetables.
- Holiday Meals: While CFJ cannot accept prepared meals, we do like to help our clients with their holiday meal shopping lists. Nonperishable stuffing mixes, instant potatoes, canned cranberry, gravy and canned seasonal veggies are especially appreciated in November and December. We cannot accept turkeys, hams or other perishable items. Grocery store gift cards are a wonderful way to supplement our clients’ holiday meal shopping needs.
- Baby Items: Diapers and Pull Ups (all sizes, but sizes 4, 5 & 6 are often needed most), formula, baby food, diaper rash ointment, baby powder, baby wipes, Q-tips, new blankets and crib sheets and new infant onesies.
- New clothing: Toddler and adult clothing in all sizes that is new (with tags still attached) is appreciated. Our clients most immediate needs include socks, hats, mittens, scarves, ear muffs, underwear, night gowns and pajamas, stretchy slippers, long underwear, sweatshirts, sweatpants, joggers and yoga type leggings in a variety of sizes. We appreciate similar new items in all sizes for our adult and child male clients too.
We sincerely appreciate our donors being mindful of expiration dates when contributing nonperishable food times.
CFJ runs an annual Adopt-A-Family to help our clients fulfill their holiday wish lists. We pair interested donors with an anonymous client family or individual in need and supply a gift wish list. We then request those items be delivered to CFJ unwrapped by a designated date each December. To learn more, or request a family to adopt, contact Special Events Coordinator Lauren Cicchetti at LCicchetti@centerforfamilyjustice.org no later than Dec. 1.
Alternate energy provider
Discount Power is a local alternate energy provider that can save you money on your utility bill while making a monthly donation to CFJ.
Register The Center for Family Justice as your favorite charity at Amazon Smiles and then every time you shop Amazon, shop on the Smile page. A portion of each sale will go toward CFJ, with no extra cost to you.
Hope Starts Here!
Let The Center for Family Justice become your lifeline.
Please call us today at 203-334-6154
Or 24/7 on a hotline:
Domestic violence: 203-384-9559
Sexual assault: 203-333-2233
Vedas (Spanish): 888-568-8332
Serving victims and raising awareness about domestic and sexual violence in Bridgeport, Easton, Fairfield, Monroe, Stratford and Trumbull in Fairfield County