Synerge-marketing, a leader in website design and marketing, announces the launch of a dynamic website for the nonprofit, The Center for Family Justice – http://www.CenterForFamilyJustice.org.The Center is the lifeline for victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and child abuse in six Connecticut towns: Bridgeport, Easton, Fairfield, Monroe, Stratford and Trumbull.
Although The Center’s focus is on serious issues, it was important that the redesigned website convey a message of hope, be approachable and inclusive to all people. It had to meet the needs of three distinct groups – victims, donors and volunteers – while also highlighting the work it does in schools and the community, breaking the cycle of violence through education.
“It was a complicated website to plan and design,” says Randi Brawley, internet marketing consultant and project lead for Synerge-marketing. “We spent weeks working with the staff at The Center to create a site structure that would target the three groups The Center attracts, and be easy to navigate so everyone can immediately find the information they need, often the information that saves lives. It was equally important that each page be prominent in search, which meant determining the words and phrases that must be included in each section.”
For example, on every page the hotline numbers are prominently displayed, as is an “exit now” button to quickly exit the site – you are directed to a Google search page – if the abuser enters the room. In addition, Internet safety tips are spelled out so a victim can hide the history of websites visited, important since abusers often monitor computer use.
- The site uses responsive web design, providing an optimal viewing experience – easy reading and navigation with a minimum of resizing, panning, scrolling – across a wide range of devices: desktops, tablets, smartphones. For example, if a victim is fleeing an abuser in the middle of the night, the needed information on how to get help is immediately evident on any device.
- There is a section for donors, featuring a prominently displayed “Donate Now” button that takes them to an online page to contribute; lists of unusual ways to help The Center; and information on legacy gifts that ensure the future viability and strength of The Center.
- There is a section on ways men can get involved, and lists of volunteer and intern openings.
- There is an easy-to-use registration system for all The Center’s events, fundraisers, education sessions and training certifications, a function that previous to this website was primarily done by snail mail or at the door of events.
- The website is chockfull of valuable information that every victim needs, in addition to serving as a resource to anyone needing data on the issues surrounding domestic violence, sexual assault and child abuse. The FAQs section covers many issues, including immigrant rights and myths surrounding domestic and sexual abuse.
Debra Greenwood, President and CEO of The Center says: “Our new website clearly communicates our mission: that we are dedicated to breaking the cycle of abuse and violence by providing services that create hope, restore lives and drive social change through education and community collaboration. Randi’s idea of using graphics instead of photographs to tell our story created the look of hope and strength, the qualities we want to instill in the people who seek our help. I cannot express how thrilled and excited I am with the launch. “We could never have achieved such an informative, valuable and good looking website without the professionalism and creativity of Synerge-marketing.”
For Synerge-marketing, the project provided a great opportunity to showcase a nonprofit that provides valuable services in its community, which is also the home of Synerge-marketing.
“I have been a supporter of the work of The Center for decades,” Brawley says. “We donated some of the web design services, including the responsive feature, critical when a victim needs immediate help. We understand that mere seconds can be life changing during a domestic or sexual attack.”
Synerge-marketing provided website design, development, internet marketing, and search engine optimization services.
In addition to nonprofits, Synerge-marketing’s clients include technology companies, medical providers, relocation firms, real estate, legal services, corporations, e-commerce sites and more. Each of Synerge-marketing’s websites focuses on the marketing goals of the business to directly connect with qualified customers and deliver ROI. With a team that has a unique set of specialized skills, Synerge-marketing can give businesses a full suite of services customized to meet their needs.
To learn more about Synerge-marketing or schedule a free consultation, visit Synergemarketing.com or call 203-220-9333.
Leave a Reply