Camp HOPE Connecticut begins its first session later this month at the YMCA’s Camp Hi-Rock in the Massachusetts Berkshires. CFJ is honored to be launching New England’s first camp devoted to supporting young survivors of abuse and trauma.
Our Camp HOPE staff members are excited about bringing all the joys of a traditional summer camp experience and a therapeutic curriculum to more than thirty children who will be attending their first overnight camp.
We’re almost ready to pack their trunk camps, but CFJ still needs help with some essential supplies.
Some of Camp HOPE’s most pressing needs include:
- Sleeping bags
- Camp clothes including shorts, t-shirts and bathing suits for girls and boys ages seven to eleven.
- Flashlights, particularly hanging ones which can also function as nightlights for children in their bunks
- Visors to protect them from the sun
- Cash donations to help underwrite campers’ tuitions
- Beach Towels (solid or neutral with no characters)
- Water shoes for swimming
- Pillows (35 standard and twin size)
We are grateful for donations of the following items from CFJ’s generous friends and supporters and currently have adequate supplies of:
- Sunscreen and Lip Balm
To make a donation to Camp HOPE or help us fill a camper’s trunk with supplies please contact Beth Andrews at BAndrews@CenterforFamilyJustice.org