The holidays are a wonderful time of year to share with family and friends, but they can be challenging for anyone coping with the aftermath of domestic or sexual violence.
To help ease their burdens and make the season a special one, The Center for Family Justice actively solicits donations, beginning with the Thanksgiving season, focused on addressing the most immediate needs of its deserving clients.
For Thanksgiving CFJ appreciates donations of the following:
- Thanksgiving pantry staples such as canned vegetables, stuffing, gravy and dessert mixes, pasta, cereals and sauces. (Please note we are unable to accept items which require refrigeration such as meats, poultry or dairy.)
- Donations of prepackaged snack items such as popcorn, nuts, granola bars, applesauce and trail mix.
- Gift cards to stores such as Target, Walmart and Stop & Shop help our clients make personal choices for their holiday needs. We prefer cards in denominations of $25 or less.
For the Christmas/Hanukkah season, CFJ appreciates the following:
- Volunteer for our Adopt-a-Family program, which helps provide new holiday gifts to families living in our crisis and transitional housing programs. This program also benefits some families in crisis no longer living in our safe house, but still in need.
- Help expand our holiday giving program with the purchase of individual new toys or gifts for our client holiday boutique.
- Help our clients make personal choices about fulfilling their families’ holiday wishes with donations of gift cards in denominations of $25 or less to stores including Target, Walmart, Stop & Shop, Walgreens and CVS. Gift cards are greatly appreciated by our clients, as it allows them to choose the perfect gift for their loved ones.
To learn more about fulfilling the holiday wishes of a client family please call our Community Relations Manager, Beth Fitzpatrick, at 203-334-6154 ext, 128 or email Beth at BFitzpatrick@CenterforFamilyJustice.org
Leave a Reply