Dear Friends and Supporters,
As many of you know, the past year has had a profound impact on victims and survivors of domestic and sexual violence and those of us who care about their safety and well-being.
Every day we are witnessing the many ways in which the #MeToo movement has empowered victims and survivors of domestic and sexual violence to summon the incredible courage it takes to come forward, tell their stories and get the help they need.
We are currently experiencing the busiest year of my eleven year tenure here at The Center for Family Justice. This fall, we have had a record number of callers to our free, confidential hotlines as well as a steady stream of walk-in crisis clients. Our 15-bed Kathie’s Place safe house is at capacity and has been for the last year.
We are so grateful that CFJ is here for our clients when they come forward seeking the services they need –and deserve– to overcome their trauma.
This is why our 2018 Annual Appeal is so important. By supporting CFJ, you are helping us save and change lives. Your donations help us begin the process of transforming victims into survivors.
So, we hope you will support us today with a generous gift to our most important annual fundraiser.
Your generosity will help victims and survivors by providing:
- Prevention education to children and teens in the six local communities we serve.
- Meals for families in crisis.
- Support groups for survivors of sexual and domestic violence and abuse.
- Secure cell phones for clients fleeing abusive relationships.
- Staffing for our 24-hour, 365 days a year bilingual, crisis hotlines.
- Legal support for our clients navigating the judicial system.
- Coordination of forensic interviews for children impacted by sexual or physical abuse.
- The chance to participate in Camp HOPE Connecticut, New England’s only trauma-focused summer camp and year-long mentoring program for kids ages 7-17 impacted by abuse.
- Comprehensive crisis intervention and safety planning.
- Shelter and support for individuals and families in crisis in our Kathie’s Place safe house.
Now, more than ever, we need your help to provide the 10,000 women, men and children we serve in our local communities the hope, healing, shelter and support they deserve.
We hope you will help us continue to transform victims into survivors with a generous gift today.
With my deepest gratitude for your continued support and my best wishes for a happy, peaceful holiday season.
Debra A. Greenwood, President & CEO