Annual Appeal 2016: Hands are Not for Hurting
The Center for Family’s Justices 2016 Annual Appeal campaign has officially launched with an ambitious goal of raising at least $200,000 by December 31. The theme for this year’s campaign, Hands are Not for Hurting, reflects CFJ’s comprehensive mission of breaking the cycle of domestic and sexual violence and child abuse.
CFJ works daily to transform victims into survivors by providing a full complement of services to women, men and children in one safe place.
A tax deductible gift to CFJ’s Annual Appeal is critical to underwriting the cost of the free, confidential services we provide 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We are proud that 76 cents of every dollar donated to CFJ goes directly to help us provide vital services including:
- Free, safe housing at our Kathie’s Place Shelter
- Our 24 hour, bilingual hotlines
- Legal support for clients in need of representation
- Community education for local youth focused on safe, healthy relationships
- Counseling, advocacy, safety planning and crisis intervention for victims by trained advocates
- Professionally facilitated peer support groups
- Wellness classes for survivors
- Classes to foster self-sufficiency in our Verizon Empowerment Room
- A stay at Camp HOPE New England, the region’s first trauma-informed camp for children impacted by domestic and sexual violence
- Extended housing for a family in our transitional apartments, Paul’s Place
- Healthy food and supplies for a family in crisis
Please donate today. Your give helps us live our mission that Hope Starts Here.
Leave a Reply