Spread some holiday cheer to our clients this season by dropping by with a donation for CFJ’s Holiday Wish List. There are several ways to support our clients during the holiday season.
- Adopting a CFJ client family. We are currently looking for a small number of individuals or families interested in adopting client families in need of holiday cheer and gifts. Please contact Community Relations Manager Beth Fitzpatrick at BFitzpatrick@CenterforFamilyJustice.org if you are interested learning more.
- Gift cards from stores Wal-Mart, Target, Stop & Shop, CVS and Walgreens top our holiday wish list. They allow our clients the gift of making personal decisions about things they need most. This includes items such as clothing, bedding, household products and non-perishable food. Gift cards in small denominations ($25 or less) are preferred.
- Donations of single-bed sheets, blankets, towels, pillows, shower curtains, writing journals, pens, pencils, crayons, markers, activity and coloring books, backpacks and school supplies are all needed for clients of our Kathie’s Place Safe House.
- Toys are appreciated too. Please consider donating new items which have broad appeal to children of all ages and genders such as Mr. Potato Heads, board games, puzzles and Lego and block sets.
- Household goods including brooms, mops, cleaning supplies, batteries, 100-watt light bulbs, laundry detergent and softener.
- Apparel for young children and toddlers. Please note CFJ can only accept NEW apparel. Please consider a purchase of a snowsuit, socks, hats, mittens, scarves, ear muffs, underwear (especially large sizes), sweatshirts, and sweatpants that have no writing on the back of the pants. Useful baby items include diapers and Pull Ups of all sizes (especially size 5 and 6), formula, baby food, diaper rash ointment, baby powder, wipes, Q-tips, blankets and crib sheets.
- Many of the women living in our safe house enjoy receiving new yoga-type pants and cozy long-sleeve t-shirts or sweatshirts.
- Personal care items including travel or regular size shampoos and conditioners. We also appreciate items including, soap, stain sticks, deodorant, toothbrushes, combs and hairbrushes, hand, body and face creams and hair dryers. We especially appreciate donations of all types of feminine hygiene products.
- Non-perishable food times including: Non-dairy creamer, coffee, tea, cocoa, cereal, soup, rice, beans, pasta, pasta sauce, Hamburger Helper, juice, cereal, coffee and Thanksgiving sides.
- Snacks. We are always in need of quick, nutritious snacks we can offer to our clients in crisis who often come to our door not having had a recent or decent meal. Items such as bagged popcorn, nuts, applesauce, granola bars, water bottles and juices as well as other snacks with a long shelf life are greatly appreciated.
We regret that we are unable to accept used apparel or household items of any kind because of space and capacity issues.
Thank you for helping to fulfill the many need of our CFJ clients during the holidays.
For questions about donations or to arrange a drop off, please call CFJ’s Community Relations Manager Beth Fitzpatrick at 203-334-6154 ext. 128 or email her at BFitzpatrick@CenterforFamilyJustice.or